UK VAPERS FORUM WURDE GEHACKT

28.04.2012 09:27 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 28.04.2012 09:27)
#1 UK VAPERS FORUM WURDE GEHACKT

an alle die auch dort nen akkount haben und eventuell hier das selbe passwort haben,empfehle ich es zu tauschen!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.04.2012 09:30
#2 RE: UK VAPERS FORUM WURDE GEHACKT
Bilder Upload

Zitat
UK Vapers is currently unavailable
Forum closed for emergency maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll be back ASAP!

Jackie

Update (as of 9pm)

Unfortunately I need to perform a forum upgrade. As many will know from past experience, this takes quite some time. So don't expect the forum to be back online tonight. Apologies, but it's a necessity for security reasons. I'll be as fast as I can!

Jackie

Further update (as of 3:20am Saturday)

We were, as many of you are likely already aware, hacked on Friday. Some kind soul decided we'd be a good target for a javascript redirect to a site most likely run by a certain well known 'hacktivist' group.

As far as I'm aware, user passwords weren't compromised but it's always best to be safe, so if you use the same password as your forum login anywhere else, make sure you change it on the other sites (it's never good practise to use the same password on multiple sites). I would also advise that everyone change their forum passwords as soon as the forum is reopened. Just in case.

I've spent the night having a good clearout, though there's still some double checking to be done. The upgrade went well, though I've stripped many of the little additions (like extra themes) away, and will have to sort those out gradually after I've had a sleep.

I've been working non stop since Friday evening to get things back to normal after the hack. I'm reasonably sure everything is back to normal but I'll be enlisting the help of the moderators in the morning to help me double check everything. It's possible that the forum won't be reopened before tomorrow afternoon / evening, possibly not until Sunday.

I'm sorry you've all been without the forum for so long, but I'd rather take more time than open prematurely and leave vulnerabilities in place. I'm working to the best of my ability to make sure the site is safe again.

Hope you understand, and sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Jackie

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.04.2012 09:31
#3 RE: UK VAPERS FORUM WURDE GEHACKT

danke für den Hinweis.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!